Monday 22 April 2013

Mini Superdrug Haul

Happy Monday Ladies :)

I haven't blogged in a while as I've been in Rome! It was absolutely amazing and my next blog will be all about my trip, and I even managed to do a few vlogs! It's a big step for me as I never thought I'd be brave enough to film myself in public - but abroad, I was That Girl! Whipping my camera out at every opportunity and generally making a fool of myself, but hey ho, such is life :)

I have a few days off before I go back to work, so I thought I'd make the most of it and do a bit of retail therapy. As our flight was so early, duty-free at the airport wasn't open, so I didn't get to indulge at the MAC counter :( because of that, I felt I was allowed to treat myself to a mini spree in good old Superdrug now I'm back!

The first thing I bought were these Maybelline lipsticks. I've heard loads of girls raving about them, but I didn't think I'd be brave enough to actually wear them. But when I tried them on, they're actually really flattering and not garish at all!

 
They had loads of lovely colours, but I wanted to just try 2, to check I liked them, but now I've seen how versatile they are, I'll deffo be re-purchasing!
 
 Maybelline ColorSensational in 910 Shocking Coral & 902 Fuchsia Flash
 
 
 
The thing I love about them is that they look exactly the same on your lips as they do on the colour label on the packaging. Often, you pick a colour (be it a lipstick, nail varnish or eye-shadow) loving the colour, but once you've put it on, it's completely different to the colour on the packaging. This can be such a pain when you're trying to colour match/clash, so this has saved me a lot of time.
 
I also found this amazing Sleek eye-shadow palette. My usual go-to day look is a nude lip with a brown smoky eye, but recently I've been a little braver and have started wearing different colours of smoky eye, and I'm really noticing a difference!
 
 
 
 
 
I love the packaging of Sleek products - they look so much more expensive and lux, and this palette was only £7.99 - bargain!
 
Sleek iDivine palette in Storm
 
I absolutely love the colours in this palette! They're so pigmented, they remind me of Urban Decay shadows - I can still use my usual browns and beiges, but there are also gorgeous peacock greens, sapphire blues and gunmetal silvers.. I can't WAIT to try this out :)
 
My final purchase were these beauties - you know I can't go into Superdrug without stopping at the Barry M section - the colours are amazing and for the price, it's a no-brainer!
 
 
I wanted to try the new gel hi-shine colours, as I've heard so many good reviews on them and I must say: I'm converted! I know there are some at-home gel manicures you can do, but the prices are ridiculous, so for £3.99 each, you can't go wrong!
 
I also bought a textured paint in a gorgeous baby pink and I'm pleasantly surprised. Quite a few people have slated these polishes, but I love them! One coat gives you a nice even colour, with a sprinkling of sand. The actual feel of them is a bit nails-down-a-blackboard, but the overall effect is really cute! I'm going to rock mine as an Ice-Cream Mani, with a few more colours in the collection, to get me ready for Summer!
 
From L-R: Textured Nail Effect in 308 Kingsland Road, Gelly Hi-Shine in 315 Blueberry & Gelly Hi-Shine in 308 Greenberry
 
I'm going to be doing a giveaway very soon with Sleek and Barry M products as I know lots of you can't get them where you are, so make sure you're following, so you can keep an eye out!
 
Have an amazing day ladies :)
 
Miss Morgan x


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful palette and nail polishes. :)
    Claudia P.
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pink lipstick. always a plus when the colors are exactly as shown. i've bought a few from a particular brand that was nothing like the case color!!

    Sisters Marie
    Start your closet on BISTM!

    ReplyDelete